About Me

Like most people, I love to eat. I also love to write. So I thought I would combine the two things, and viola, Beth's Best Bites was born. I hope to use this blog to share recipes with you. As well, I will give you information about products and gadgets that will help you in your kitchen.

I hope you enjoy Beth's Best Bites, and I'd love to hear feedback from you.

Friday, June 4, 2010

Grilled Mushrooms, Onions and Peppers

I’ve been making variations of this recipe for years. I just decided to measure everything and write it down for the blog when I was preparing it on Memorial Day. This made a fine accompaniment to the grilled ribeye steaks we enjoyed for dinner.

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Servings: 6

Ingredients:
1 8-ounce package baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
2 medium onions (Vidalia, if you can find them), sliced in 1/4 inch thick half moons
1 large green bell pepper, sliced
2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
2 TBSP soy sauce
1 TBSP butter
1 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil
2 cloves minced garlic
Black pepper to taste

Directions:

Preheat grill to medium heat. Line a jellyroll pan with non-stick aluminum foil. Add the mushrooms, onions and pepper. Top with Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, butter, olive oil, garlic and black pepper. Top with another sheet of non-stick aluminum foil and crimp edges all the way around, creating a packet.

Put packet directly on grill and cook 20-25 minutes, until the veggies are softened. Be careful opening packet as there will be a lot of steam.

No comments:

Post a Comment