About Me

Like most people, I love to eat. I also love to write. So I thought I would combine the two things, and viola, Beth's Best Bites was born. I hope to use this blog to share recipes with you. As well, I will give you information about products and gadgets that will help you in your kitchen.

I hope you enjoy Beth's Best Bites, and I'd love to hear feedback from you.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Microwave Peanut Brittle

I’ve been making this candy during the holiday season for many years now. It’s very easy and has been fool-proof for me. Just remember to work quickly once you add the baking soda. And be careful, because the mixture is hot!

This is very tasty and much lighter in texture than store-bought peanut brittle. It’s great to give as a gift.

Prep time 5 minutes
Cook time 10 minutes
Servings 24

Ingredients

1 cup white sugar
½ cup light corn syrup
1 cup salted peanuts
1 tsp butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda

Directions

Coat a jell yroll pan with nonstick cooking spray. Combine sugar and corn syrup in a 2 quart glass bowl and microwave on high for 4 minutes. Add peanuts and microwave 3 ½ minutes, then stir in butter and vanilla and microwave for 1 ½ minutes more.

Stir in baking soda until the mixture turns light and foamy. Pour onto the cookie sheet and spread it thinly and evenly. Let cool completely and break into pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment